Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Thoughts......for now


So this morning I decided to take a page out of Max Widup 's book. I grabbed my coffee, got a lawn chair and headed to my deck. I thought that the noise of the highway would be a distraction. But it was not.

I read through Psalm 18-30. God really revealed some things to me in those passages about how He really wants us to be.

God doesn't want us to do to ALL the planning for our lives. All He asks is that we be willing and obedient.

Does God want us to be prepared for things that He asks us to do? ABSOLUTELY! But sometimes He just asks us to "Roll with it"! But where we feel like we may have failed in all of this is that, we were trying to be to "in control". We were very busy the week leading up to our departure. We barely had time to spend any time together as a family, let alone a couple, and just rest and prepare for this journey.

We know that God has a plan in all of this. But what we have learned through it is this: "Be still and know that I AM GOD". But a lot of times the last part of that verse gets forgotten. It says this: "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" .

That last part really speaks to me. Alisha and I needed to be still and just rest to prepare for this trip. But we didn't allow that to happen for us.

But, no matter what happens, God will be exalted! He doesn't need my family to make that happen. But He has chosen my family (i'm still not sure on why yet) to help make that happen. Despite whatever happens with this trip, God's Name will be exalted.

-Jason


No comments:

Post a Comment